Monday 2 October 2023

Southend Urban Landscape Open

 Andy Downes and a fine group of volunteers organised a plein air painting day around Southend Pier on Saturday the 30th September.  The weather was perfect, not too hot, a slight breeze and best of all,  dry! I would guess about 30 artists took part, including my sketching buddies Paul and Sue.  Paul is an old hand at painting outside in all weathers but it was a first for Sue.

I bought a littlle sketch book thinking I would be able to fill it in the time we were allotted, 9am til 4pm.  I in fact only managed to do 13 little sketches, about two thirds of the book.  I was a bit apprehensive about how the paper would react to washes but in fact it was really nice to work on.  

All in all a great day.

The photo of Sue and I painting was taken by Paul Alcock, I bought the little sketch book (13x15cm) from Jacksons Art.  The photos of the sketches are in the order that they were painted.


















No comments:

Post a Comment