Sunday 16 November 2014

my sketching gear

I try to take as little as possible out with me as I want it keep it safe on my back in a little back pack that I found in the thrift shop, Along with another great find, a REISENTHEL  folding stool that comes in a little bag.   I looked on their web site and they no longer seem to do it but... they are available on ebay.   It is low enough that I can reach my water on the ground and seems very sturdy.  The bag it fits in measures 23x20 cm, really compact.  I carry a small packet of toilet paper, hand gel, drinking water, painting water and a great folding water " bucket" that my friend Paddy gave to me years ago, A cotman water colour set,  but the colours are now either Winsor and Newton artist quality or Van Gogh squeezed into the pans from tubes,  a couple of markers, usually sepia colour and a #14, 10 and 6 brush.   A propelling pencil, a white wax crayon , a water brush,   a sweat/wrist band and some kitchen roll.   A hat for the sun and an umbrella in case it rains.

Trato de llevar lo menos posible a la calle y quiero que todo cabe en una pequeña morral que compre en la tienda de segunda mano donde trabajo de voluntario, el VAAUW thrift shop.   Alli tambien conseguí una maravillosa sillita que dobla y cabe en una bolsa 23x20cm marca REISENTHEL.  Mire el situo web de ese compania pero parece que ya no lo venden aunque vi en ebay.   Llevo un paquete de papel sanitario, gel de mano, agua para beber y agua para pintar y un genial bolso para agua que se dobla como origami que me regalo hace años mi amiga Paddy.  Mis acuarelas estan en un set de Cotman pero ya he cambiado los colores por los profesionales de Winsor y Newton y algunos son de la marca Van Gogh.  Llevo un par de marcadores color sepia, pinceles numeros 14.10 y 6, un lapiz mecanica, una crayon de cera blanca, un pincel de agua, papel de cocina y una cosa que usas los deportistas en la muñeca para el sudor que no se como se llama en español!!!  Mi sombrero y una paragua.

No comments:

Post a Comment